Experienced Ohio Appellate Advocate Focused on Winning
Knowledgeable counsel to challenge or defend trial court rulings
At my Cleveland appellate law firm, Paul W. Flowers Co., L.P.A., I have more than 20 years of appellate experience fighting adverse trial court rulings and defending lower court victories. My success is due to my commitment to see justice upheld, which is why I keep abreast of litigation trends and ever-changing case law to mount the strongest possible appeal in your case. Drawing upon more than two decades of appellate advocacy, I can spot deficiencies in legal rulings that might overturn a verdict. Whether you wish to affirm or reverse a decision, my diligent research and knowledge of federal and state case law can maximize your chances at obtaining the result you seek.
An experienced attorney for all types of appeals
I have the legal knowledge to handle briefing and oral arguments before state and federal appellate courts throughout Ohio and California, representing clients in more than 200 appeals and original actions in matters involving these grounds:
- Sufficiency of evidence — Decisions may purportedly lack the proper foundation or are rendered against the weight of the evidence introduced.
- Proper legal interpretation — A judge may be alleged to have misread the relevant case law.
- Improperly admitted testimony — A claim may arise that testimony is unduly prejudicial.
- Expert admission — There may be challenges to the admission of expert evidence under the Daubert standard.
- Procedural errors — Violations may be identified under federal or state rules that govern trial litigation.
- Faulty jury instructions — Misstated directions from the judge might have improperly influenced jury members in their deliberations.
For all of these matters, you can rely on advice from an established appellate attorney. I am AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of my legal ability and ethics based on evaluations from fellow lawyers who know my work.
Empowering clients with a full range of options in appeals cases
As a certified Ohio appellate law specialist, I have used every available legal means of appealing and defending lower court decisions through:
- Appeal briefs
- Motions for post-trial relief
- Motions to vacate
- Motions for reconsideration
- Motions for judgment notwithstanding the verdict
- Amicus curiae briefs
When assisting clients with appeals, I take the time to explain the various aspects and advantages of each step in the process. This way, they can make fully informed decisions on how to pursue the most favorable outcome.
Contact an experienced Cleveland appellate attorney for a free initial consultation
If you have questions about an adverse trial decision or are faced with a challenge to a case you’ve won, call Paul W. Flowers Co., L.P A., at 216-344-9393 or contact me online for a free consultation at my Cleveland office. I am happy to explain the relevant issues in your case and discuss your options for appeal.